Hernia is a condition which causes the protrusion of a piece of tissue or an organ from its normal space. Usually, hernia squeezes through a weak point in a surrounding tissue called fascia.
The following are the most common types of hernia found
Inguinal Hernia: An inguinal hernia is found in the inner groin, in this condition the bladder or the intestine bulges through the inguinal canal in the groin or the abdominal wall
Incisional Hernia: In this condition which is a result of an incision, the intestine protrudes through the site of the previous abdominal surgery of the abdominal wall.
Femoral Hernia: This type of hernia which is found in the outer groin occurs when the intestine enters the canal carrying femoral artery. This is more commonly found in females.
Umbilical Hernia: An Umbilical hernia which is found in the belly button is commonly found in newborns. This occurs when a part of the small intestine bulges through the abdominal wall near the navel.
Hiatal Hernia: A hiatal hernia found in the upper stomach happens when the upper stomach bulges out through the hiatus (opening in the diaphragm through which the esophagus passes).
All of the Hernias are caused by pressure which pushes the tissue or organ. The following are the main causes that increase pressure in the abdomen and results in hernia:
- Persistent of sneezing or coughing
- Suddenly gaining weight
- Lifting heavy objects without stabilizing abdominal muscles
- Constipation or Diarrhea
- Fluid in the ascites or abdomen
- Chronic cough
- Damage from surgery or injury
- Congenital defect (which causes the failure of abdominal wall to close properly in the womb)
- Smoking and poor nutrition which causes the weakening of the muscles also results in Hernia
Common symptoms of hernia includes:
- Pain or discomfort in the affected area
- Feeling of heaviness in the abdomen
- An aching sensation at the area of the bulge
Hernia Management Centre is one of the leading centres for Hernia Operation in Chennai. Here it offers general, laparoscopic surgeries, robotic surgery according to the need of the Hernia and thus provides advanced Treatment for Hernia in India. The centre is a one-stop destination for Hernia Management in India.
Visit Us : herniamanagementindia.com
Mail Us : email@example.com